Goa has always been a mystical and enchanting place that attracts millions of tourists from all over the Globe. Enriched with pristine beaches, mouth-watering world class cuisines, rich with Indian and Portuguese heritage, unexplored places, Goa makes an Ideal place for anyone who wants to just relax or explore the un-explored. It boasts of the best night-life in India but at the same time it is considered the Yoga hub of India. Being the smallest state, its tourist population always outshines the natives. One interesting fact about Goa is that earliest traces of human existence were found here.
Here Are Some Of The Less Explored Destinations Of Goa :
1. Cola Beach : A lagoon beach located in the South of Goa. It is one of the most beautiful places to visit if you wish to explore the true beauty, uniqueness of Goa. There is an amazing fresh-water stream in which one can go for a swim with its crystal clear waters as it is just waist deep gradually getting lower until it reaches the sea. A must visit on the bucket list. It’s a 40 minutes’ walk from Agonda.
2. Cabo De Rama Fort : This place is for the ones who love history, heritage along with some amazing scenery. Historically, Raja of Soonda lived in this vast fort before being defeated by the Portuguese. The most fascinating part about this fort is that is models the architecture of the Hindus, Muslims and the Portuguese. It’s a 20 minutes’ drive from Canaguinim.
3. Cambarjua Backwaters Canal : If you wish to get your adrenalin pumping, this is the place to be. Not to be confused by the backwaters of Kerala. This place is nothing like it. This place inhabits the Indian Mugger Crocodile. A ferry will take you across this 15 Km stretch of Canal which connects the Zuari and the Mandovi Rivers. In these mangroves you could also spot Otters, Peregrine Falcons, Flying fish, the white-colored Kingfisher. You will be left wondering if you really are in Goa, the Party hub of India. It’s a 20Kms drive from Panaji.
4. Pequeno Island : In Portuguese it means a small island, which is ideal for people looking to have a relaxed time on their own. It is best known for snorkeling in its deep blue waters. At Pequeno, also named Bat Island one can be with your loved one or with couple of friends. The evenings make it very interesting as one can have a bonfire over a round of happy old memory lane songs. It’s a 30 minute boat ride from the Vasco Harbor.
5. Betul Beach : Located in the South of Goa, it is one of the most peaceful and cleanest beaches in the entire south region. As the Sal River meets the Arabian Sea the view and the feel is out of this world with one of the most soothing backdrops. The sunsets here add a new dimension to the word sunset. To experience it, one has to be there as no words can describe views. The white sand add glimmer to the setting sun with the splashes of the Arabian Sea toying with your thoughts. The Lighthouse adds another charm to this already quaint place. One can do Angling here too as it is a famous fishing spot. It’s a 13 minutes drive from Cavelossim.
6. Butterfly Beach & Honeymoon Island : For every euphoria moment to be experienced there is some part of the trail that you have to navigate through. In short that is the Butterfly Beach of Goa. The roads leading may be a bit trodden jumpy, but once your reach this small but magnificent place, you will captivated by its sheer beauty. Clear blue waters will greet you with the Arabian Sea in the periphery. Not to miss as the name suggests, Butterflies which will glimmer and sparkle and take you to a fairy land. Honey moon Island is a 5 minute journey from there. If you are up for adventure can do snorkeling and kayaking. Must visit place on the list. It’s a 5kms hike from Palolem / Can take a boat ride directly from Palolem.
7. Galgibaga Beach : Galgibaga Beach is also termed as one of the three Turtle Beaches of Goa. The other two being at Morjum and Agonda. It is inhabited by the Olive Ridley Turtles. These are protected species under the wildlife protection act. Besides the Turtles this place is quaint and simply blissful if you wish to be relaxed and surrounded by palm trees and golden brown sands and the sweet sound of the gushing winds and the trembling of the sea. It is an Ideal place for peace, nature & tranquility. Its just 7kms from Palolem Beach.
Goa being in the Tropical Zone near to the Arabian Sea you need to carry a few things while travelling to Goa.
Things to Carry When Touring Goa :
1. Swimwear : Goa is all about beaches and sands, so it is preferred that you carry a few extra items of swim wear. You can go all trendy or mix up the colors as the locals do.
2. Sunscreen : When lazing on the beach this is your best friend unless you want a Tan deliberately.
3. Sarongs : If swimwear is not your kind of thing to be wearing on the beach, can opt for Sarongs. They can be draped according to the comfort of the ladies.
4. Sunglasses : They are a must when out in the sun, next to sunscreens. In Goa can try out the 70’s Style to the most exotic. Everything is in fashion in Goa and they do funk up the look.
5. Footwear : Crocs or floaters are the ideal choice of footwear to be worn while walking on the sand and getting your feet dipped. Nothing fancy will work.
6. Caps/ Head dress : To keep the sun away, caps are an important article to carry. It will help you shield against the sun and protect your face and shoulders as well.
7. Water Bottles : The Most important part is to keep you hydrated, be it after a party or those long walks on the beach. Water is must, so carry a bottle that can be refilled.